What is a Whistleblower?

During the presentations about awareness, mediasphere, theories, and policy. One topic really stood out to me, and that was during the mediasphere presentation talking about whistleblowers. 

Before the presentation, I knew very little about whistleblowers and the only one that I knew about was Edward Snowden. I always thought people who were considered whistleblowers were people who broke the law and were criminals in the eyes of the government. I never thought about how they might be helping the public with letting us know about some of the things our government is doing without us knowing. 

The definition of a whistleblower is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization that is either private or public. This definition really opened my eyes because I always thought that a whistleblower just exposes information about an organization just to hurt or damage an organization. But in reality, they are doing this to give everyone the truth about what they are doing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The supreme court

Agenda Setting

Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle